- is walking ALL over. She is super sturdy and rarely falls down.
- loves to climb up the stairs and play in the pantry.
- is becoming more picky about the food she consumes. There are several fruits and veggies that she liked at one time, but has since decided that she is no longer a fan. Overall is still a good eater, just not as great as she was a one time.
- continues to be a pacifier junkie...so dreading the one year mark when we ditch bottles, the pacifier and sleepsack. Sounds so painful...
- loves to swing at the park, but is not a fan of her bare feet touching the grass.
- is working on her top 2 front teeth as well as the 2 next to them. Luckily they don't seem to bother her.
- has developed a touch of stranger anxiety. It isn't terrible, but she definitely doesn't like to go to anyone else if Mom or Dad are in the room.
- is babbling a lot, but still not a ton of actual words. I'm sure they will come soon.
- is such a easy-going, mellow baby. We can't believe that she has been around for almost a year!
Monday, May 13, 2013
At 11 months old, Nora:
At 10 months old, Nora:
- has started taking a few steps. She isn't super confident yet, but she is definitely getting close to walking.
- has continued to have ear infections. Our peditrician would like to see if they clear with warmer spring weather (vs putting in tubes), but I'm getting a little patient. The problem is that Nora is super mellow so we have no idea she is in pain until she gets a fever and is basically miserable for several days.
- is still a rockstar eater. She will pretty much try anything. She loves waffles, cheese, strawberries and squash. She dislikes pancakes and muffins.
- loves her pacifier. We joke that she can spot one from 50 feet away and once she does is on a mission to retrieve it. We are planning to call it quits around the time she turns one...it is going to be a painful habit to break.
- is clapping
- is still a great sleeper. She takes 2 good naps a day, goes down for the night around 7:30 and is up around 6:00.
- is still working on her top 2 teeth. They have finally cut through her gums, but still have a ways to go.
- is such a sweet and happy baby, with a silly sense of humor. We love her so much!
Friday, March 8, 2013
At 9 months old, Nora:
- continues to become more mobile. She crawls, pulls up everything and loves to walk while holding your hands. She is busy!
- drinks 4 bottles per day and loves table food. She is a very good eater. She will pretty much eat anything. Her favorites include bananas and small pieces of squash and sweet potatoes.
- is working on her top two teeth. Her gums are super swollen and she is chewing on everything, so hopefully the come in soon.
- has developed a bit of stranger anxiety. She likes to have one of us by her side at all times. Within the last week we have also had a few mornings at drop off where she cries when I leave. :(
- is babbling a ton.
- is a great sleeper but has started battling her afternoon nap a few days a week. Guessing she will be down to one nap/day by the time she is one.
- loves her sisters. She follows them around, and for the most part, they are both very sweet with her.
- weighs in at 19 lbs 7 oz (62nd percentile) and stands 28.8 inches tall (88th percentile). She is basically the same size her sisters were at 1 year. Maybe we'll end up with a basketball player afterall. :)
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
At Eight Months Old, Nora:
- is moving all over the place. She gets faster at crawling every day and is now pulling up on any piece of furniture she can find. Slow down, baby girl, slow down.
- got her bottom two teeth over the last month.
- also got her first ear infection. The combination of her teeth and ears made for a few sleepless nights, so hopefully we are back on track.
- loves to eat. She still eats plenty of baby food, but is also practicing eating small pieces of finger food like cheese, peas and pancakes.
- giggles with delight every time we give her a bath. We recently ditched the baby bath and she LOVES sitting up in the tub by herself.
- is still an amazing sleeper. She rarely wakes overnight and takes 2 longer naps during the day.
- loves following her sisters around the house. Luckily they are both super helpful and love playing with her. Hopefully it lasts.
- is still one of the happiest babies I've met. I can't imagine our family without her!
Thursday, January 3, 2013
At seven months old, Nora:
- is still the sweetest baby around. She is such a happy girl and we just love her!
- can sit up on her own for long stretches.
- is crawling and scooting all over the place. She is getting increasingly fast and I think her sisters are a bit bothered now that she is in their stuff!! :)
- continues to try new foods and pretty much likes them all. Bananas are definitely her favorite, especially when they are mixed with avocado. She has also started feeding herself puffs, baby mum-mums and cheerios.
- caught her first cold right after Christmas. Thankful for seven healthy months up until then.
- still takes 2-3 solid naps each day. She is still sleeping relatively well overnight, but has had a few rough patches over the last few weeks. Hopefully its just the congestion from her cold.
- loves her pacifier. She usually falls asleep with it in her mouth and has even been able to find it and put it in her mouth in the middle of the night.
- is a very well-behaved passenger in the car. She rarely makes a peep.
Friday, December 7, 2012
At six months old, Nora:
- can sit up by herself for short periods. She is still a little wobbly, but she gets more sturdy with each day.
- is scooting and rolling all over the place. She gets up on all fours in the crawl position, but can't figure out how to move her hands forward. I have a feeling she will be all over the place before we know it.
- loves being carried around the house. Good thing she doesn't mind being carted around in the Beco carrier, otherwise I would have some very tired arms.
- still sleeps like a champ overnight and naps 3 times per day.
- started solids about 3 weeks ago. So far she has tried sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, peas, bananas, apples and peaches and has liked them all. Bananas are definitely her favorite.
- is such a happy baby. She rarely cries and has such a great disposition.
- has a contagious little belly laugh. Her sisters are especially skilled at getting her to laugh.
- loves music. She especially loves when you sing to her.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
At five months old, Nora:
- is growing up WAY to fast. I honestly can't believe that we are almost to the half year mark!
- LOVES to eat. She drinks 5 bottles a day and just started oatmeal. I have a feeling that she is going to LOVE baby food.
- continues to sleep pretty well overnight. She usually makes it from about 7:30-5:00 with no wake-ups. When she wakes up at 5:00 we pull her into our bed and usually get another 1-2 hours out of her.
- rarely cries. She has a such a great temperment and is easy to bring along with us whereever we go.
- is rolling like crazy. She started about 2 weeks ago and loves to flip from her back to tummy.
- enjoys playing in the jump-a-roo and grabbing at the animals on her playmat.
- is starting to get more sturdy with 'sitting up'. She is still pretty wobbly and unstable, but she is getting there.
- is very patient with her 2 older sisters who love to give her tons of kisses and hugs every day.