Friday, July 24, 2009

First Born

Today was Claire and my last Friday together, just the two of us. Come next Friday, Claire will have to share her Friday's with Mommy with her new baby sister. While I am super excited to be adding another member to our family, there is also a part of me that is a little sad. We have had some great times together over the last year and a half. There have been many walks, trips to the park, field trips around town, and lots of playtime at home. While we have shared a few rough days together, we have had many more happy days. She has taught me how to be patient and to see things from a new perspective. She has made me realize how lucky I am to have one extra day a week to spend with her...and I look forward to it every week.
I know that part will not change. I will continue to cherish the Friday's that we have together. I'm just not sure how the new baby will change our routine or exactly how Claire will react to sharing her Mommy with her sister. Like anything, I am sure it will be an adjustment. Claire will probably have her share of not so great moments as a result, but I am hoping they will not last long. I hope that I will be able to continue to make her feel special and loved because even though she will no longer be my only child, she will always be my first born. The one that made me realize how much I love being a mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics..
Get More Pics