Monday, February 18, 2008

A Case of the Mondays

I should have known it was going to be a rough day when I turned on the television this morning and saw that it was 0 degrees outside...are you kidding me??? I thought we were done with the sub-zero temperatures. The morning continued to get worse when Art discovered that he could not locate his keys. After a good 45 minutes of looking with no keys in sight he took my car, leaving me housebound for the day. I was only planning to go to Target, but was so looking forward to it. To top things off, Claire is a major grump today. I thought we were getting somewhere with putting her down for naps. It had gotten to the point where we could put her down and she would go to sleep in a matter of minutes. Sometimes she would resist, but we would still only have to endure a maximum of 5 minutes of crying. Not today...I spent a good 50 minutes trying to get her down this afternoon. It's like she knows it's a Monday, and hates it as much as I do.

So today, the only things getting me by are:

DIET COKE BRAND NEW RUNNING SHOES (I'm up to 4 miles!)
MY BEAUTIFUL CLAIRE
(even when she is a grump, she manages to brighten my day)
.

I am so thankful that tomorrow is Tuesday.

No comments: