Thursday, January 29, 2009

In case you haven't heard...

Claire's going to be a BIG SISTER!!

Even though she has no idea what that means, Art & I are very excited! I'm about 13 weeks along and due August 5. Claire will be about 20 months old when her little brother or sister arrives, and we are hoping the fact that they will be close in age will make them great friends. We have had two ultrasounds of our little one so far and he/she is right on track.
Being pregnant the second time around is definitely more challenging than the first. I had two bouts of the flu in December, which made the nausea much worse. Luckily the nausea is over with now. I have also been exhausted, much more so than I remember with Claire. I guess chasing a 14 month old around might have something to do with it. We are still debating on whether or not we should find out the baby's gender. We didn't with Claire, but it might be nice for planning purposes. Plus, I'm not sure if I can be that patient the second time around!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratulations!

Shanna & Andrea said...

Congrats you guys - very exciting news!