Saturday, December 27, 2008

Why Bother with a Flu Shot?!?!

I know that the flu shot doesn't prevent you from getting the flu, but after two bouts of the stomach flu in two weeks time I am starting to question what exactly the purpose of the shot is. We had settled in for a nice Christmas celebration with my family yesterday when Claire started to act increasingly whiny and crabby. Being the bright parents we are we assumed that her teeth were bothering her...that was until she puked all over me. That put an abrupt end to our celebration as we headed home to tend to our sick child. I started to feel more and more nauseous as the night progressed and by bedtime I was in the same awful situation as Claire. Yuck. Seriously gross. This strain luckily wasn't half as bad as last time, but I am hoping that this is the last of it this season. Thankfully Art has been lucky enough to stay healthy through both of my bouts, and has been able to take great care of both Claire and I (along with the help of my mom). Since I have been in my pajamas for nearly 24 hours, and therefore, have not had a chance to download any of our Christmas photos here is a shot of Claire and I pre-flu.

No comments: