Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pretty in Blue & Green

We made a trip to Lake Harriet this afternoon for a walk, picnic and stroll through the Rose Gardens. It was a great way to enjoy the beautiful sunshine.
During our outing we were stopped not once, but twice, by strangers who wanted to coo over our darling little boy. Yes, that is correct...BOY. Why is it that unless I have Claire dressed from head to toe in pink that she is mistaken for a he instead of a she. I mean, come on, I know that she wasn't looking totally girly today, but the shirt was pastel and was gathered at the collar and sleeves. And most importantly, unless you are 100% sure of the gender of someone's child, don't take a wild guess. Poor Art has had to listen to my rants all day, so this will be the end of it. I just might have to retire the cute blue and green pastel shirt until her hair is long enough for bows. :)

1 comment:

EMB said...

Our Claire has that same adorable blue and green shirt and I don't think it is boyish AT ALL! We've had to deal with quite a few "What a cute little boy" comments too...

~ Sarah Bunce